Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"..To know what grownups do behind locked doors when children are asleep."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Seattle has been graced with an unusually spectacular fall this year, with sunny, crisp weather and phenomenal autumn colors. We celebrated the season this weekend with pumpkin carving (via store-bought templates, natch. Though it's deceptively more work than you might think. I applauded Adrienne's exquisite carving skills in executing her pumpkin that sweetly portrays my housemates, Tiny Elvis the tarantula and the cats) and roasting delicious pumpkin seeds, with my perennial Autumn favorite movie Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes" playing in the background.

The Seattle Arboretum was fantastic to visit on Saturday, and I finally scratched off Kingfish Cafe on my "must do" list of local restaurants. Their buttermilk fried chicken, mashed taters and collard greens, with a dessert of coffee and double-chocolate cake with scooped real whipped cream and a hint of butterscotch was a meal to die for. I hope to visit again soon to try either the pork chops or catfish.

No comments: